THE ORGANISED TEENAGER is the book every teenager needs, because no teenager ever said “I REGRET BEING ORGANISED!”
Every day teenagers are faced with the tricky juggle of high school, home, sport and friends, along with a part-time job and day-to-day life activities, which all demand that teens have organising skills and habits that are easy to use, and part of their success tool kit. But these executive function skills need to be taught, they don’t magically appear, and that’s where THE ORGANISED TEENAGER comes in to save the day.
Too many teenagers are crumbling under the weight of unplanned disorganisation, and are feeling the negative impact on their mental and emotional wellbeing. Quite by accident, teenagers are finding themselves spending too much time procrastinating and in turn feeling overwhelmed and stressed, which without question puts pressure on the entire family. No parent wants their teenager or family to feel this way.
Claire’s 30+ years teaching and coaching young people, has highlighted how good quality organising habits, when used often and consistently, can change a teenager’s life in the most profound ways, which is why Claire has written this go-to book especially for teenagers.
WARNING – HABITS IN THE BOOK HAVE AWESOME SIDE EFFECTS:
• Happier days feeling more confident, calm and on top of things • Being prepared and better able to prioritise school work, with reliable plans in place • Good time management skills, and more tasks completed by the due date, and it may even help teenagers achieve even better results at school •(and rumour has it… there’s even less tension at home, that’s got to be a good thing!)
OTHER AWESOME SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE:
• Louder laughter, increased independence (less parent nagging), more fun with friends, extra free time and being in a better mood. Getting a good night’s sleep, more training and playing time with the team, boosted energy levels and happier thoughts in the morning before the new day ahead• Having a better attitude to everything in life, sharper concentration when it matters most, more patience, increased productivity, and much more confidence, because teenagers have more time to think this:
“I’M ORGANISED, I’VE GOT THIS!”
What’s Inside THE OGRANISED TEENAGER
- ORGANISING TRUTHS – what teens really need to know
What’s happening in your teen brain that makes being organised feel so hard and how to work around it?
High demands of high school and why organisation matters
- ORGANISED MINDSET – what teens can do take charge of this
How to set your organised mindset so it’s rock solid and good-to-go when you need it the most
It’s never too late to be an organised teenager, habits to start and habits to stop
- BEING ORGANISED reduces OVERWHELM – Learnable habits to change your life
6 ways to reduce overwhelm when it has already hit and it’s starting to take over
7 habits to increase organisation and keep overwhelm out of the way. This is gold!
- BEING ORGANISED reduces PROCRASTINATION – Ready to practice game-changing habits
Understand the impact of clutter, motivation, knowing your WHY and what’s dopamine got to do with it
Reliable routines and systems ready to use, so teens can get started and stay in the zone
- BEING ORGANISED reduces STRESS – Ready set go, this will make a huge difference
Types of stress and getting to know your triggers
Warning signs and what teens can do in the moment when stress creeps in and tries to take over
6 tips to press stop on stress so teens can get organised more easily
Organising habits to get teens on track, feel organised and enjoying a happier day more often