#9 GOALS, DECISIONS & SUCCESS guiding steps
3-Part Audio PEP TALKS filled with evidence-based tools and teen-tested wellbeing and mindset boosting tips, to support young people aged 12 -18 (but not limited to) feel better equipped to tackle life’s ups and downs more confidently.
TOTAL – 61 minutes
#9 is complemented by Pep Talks #2, 4, 6 & 7
Part 1 – SMARTER GOOD-LIFE GOALS includes –
1. The truth about goals and how they can boost teen confidence
2. Five goal-setting tips that make sense to teens
3. Why starting with short term goals is a good idea for teens
4. How to work out what your goals should be
5. SMARTER GOALS – 7 steps and why shortcuts don’t work for teens
6. How teens can stay motivated when they are working towards a short-term goal
7. Three myths about teen goals and why some goals need to stay personal
Part 2 – DECISION MAKING and MOVING ON includes –
1. Why decisions can feel so hard and hurt the teen brain!
2. How a teen brain reacts when it needs it to make a decision
3. What do decision-making and problem-solving have in common
4. Why all decisions are not bad – think ice-cream!
5. How decision-making avoidance can backfire for teens
6. How teens can use big emotions to their advantage when they are making big decisions
7. Why decisions need teens to COMMIT
8. How wrong decisions can still teach teens cool stuff
9. Three Questions – it’s all about head, heart and gut
Part 3 – THE TRUTH ABOUT SUCCESS includes –
1. Success is an inside job, only teens decide what success means to them
2. Teens can choose their success mindset
3. Every teen’s personality has shine and shade parts, they need to love both!
4. Why teen success is fuelled by bravery and courage
5. Mentors can help teens stay on track
6. How teens can catch their control freak, which can stand in the way of their success
7. Teens can learn how to look out for the comparison trap
8. Why it’s so important for teens to stay in their own lane