#6 FAIL, RECOVER & FLOURISH game-changers
3-Part Audio PEP TALKS filled with evidence-based tools and teen-tested wellbeing and mindset boosting tips, to support young people aged 12 -18 (but not limited to) feel better equipped to tackle life’s and ups and downs more confidently.
TOTAL – 59 minutes
* #6 is complemented by Pep Talks #2, 3 & 9
Part 1 – MISTAKES, REPAIR & MOVING ON includes –
1. There’s a big difference between mistakes and failures
2. How teens can repair mistakes so they don’t crush their confidence
3. Why learning and lessons calm busy teen brain
4. How teens can shift their perspective
5. Six reflective questions and ways to make them count
6. Responsibility – helping teens OWN their mistakes, stay honest and be strong
6. What happens when teens are on the receiving end of a mistake?
Part 2 – FAILURE, MYTHS & MINDSET includes –
1. There’s a difference between feedback and criticism, 6 things teens can look for
2. Popularity stakes when teens succeed and fail?
3. Why teens feel anxious when they seek perfection
3. Failure and failing emotions and what they mean for teens
4. Failure sends the teen brain into protect and defend mode, so how can teens manage this?
5. How can teens manage stress chemicals in their body?
6. Why a ‘blaming and shaming’ mindset damages teens
7. Clever affirmations to soothe the teen brain
Part 3 – FAILING, EMOTIONS & LESSONS includes –
1. Guiding questions to help teens understand failure
2. What to do when failure feels like a tsunami
3. Owning failure and leaning into big ugly emotions
4. Teaching teens to look for lessons and learnings
5. Private -v- public failure and how teens handle this
7. Teen tools to calm their brain
8. The role of teen ‘sulking’ and how they can use it wisely
9. What to do when other teens succeed?
10. Social media and how it impacts teens’ wellbeing