#4 MOTIVATION, ACTION & PROGRESS to simplify life
3-Part Audio PEP TALKS filled with evidence-based tools and teen-tested wellbeing and mindset boosting tips, to support young people aged 12 -18 (but not limited to) feel better equipped to tackle life’s ups and downs more confidently.
TOTAL – 65 minutes
*#4 is complemented by Pep Talks #1, 5, 6 & 9
Part 1 MANAGING MOTIVATION includes –
1. Understand motivation and what teens can to when it doesn’t show up
2. When Plan A fails, what teens can do next
3. Signs teen motivation is lacking, and ways teens can manage this problem
4. Ostrich head in the sand approach – why it doesn’t work for teens
5. Why anxious feelings can rise up in teens when motivation drops
6. Helping teens know their WHY and how to make the most of it
7. What teens can do when parts of life don’t float their boat
Part 2 OUTSMARTING OVERWHELM includes –
1. How teens can seek to outsmart, but not eliminate overwhelm
2. Why a teen’s brain flips and they lose it with an almighty meltdown?
3. The tipping point and how teens can pull it back sooner rather than later
4. When teens meltdown – how they can bounce back from tears and tantrums?
5. Knowing about the stress response and teen symptoms
6. Excellent technique STOP, DROP & SORT for teens when overwhelm hits
Part 3 – REWARDING SUCCESS includes –
1. Teen brain loves rewards and teens can use this to their advantage
2. Why Dopamine matters to teen happiness and wellbeing
3. Teen success, that’s for them to decide. No-one else!
4. Get to learn more about rewards and motivation and why they matter so much
5. Reminding teens to celebrate the little stuff and the small wins along the way
6. Teaching teens to be on the watch for trouble-making thoughts and what to do about them